Monday, February 22, 2010

Not Ready for the 5K Just Yet!

Today, I decided to push myself a tiny bit. I'd only jogged on the
treadmill once before and that was only for a min on the level.
This morn, I decided to put the grade up 1%. I know, I know.
You're saying did I even notice? Well, my legs sure did. I went 1 min 30 sec
and my shins began to burn! I stopped jogging and went back to the walk
wondering if I would even be able to do my normal 20 mins! :(
I ended up slowing the speed every min until my shin pain eased up AND
I put the grade back to level! By the time 20 mins were finished,
I was feeling almost back to normal, so went another minute! :)
Oh, this is sure going slow, but I'm determined!

1 comment:

  1. Are you thinking your gonna run this 5k?? I thought you would just walk it.

    ReplyDelete