Monday, May 10, 2010

Being a Writer is Fun!

Not only do I get to write and create, I get to go out in public and meet new friends! A week ago Saturday found me at Barnes & Nobles in Grand Rapids, Michigan. What was possibly lacking in sales was made up for by physical support from family and friends. I felt very loved and encouraged.
Now, I'm looking forward to two, yes TWO booksignings this week in Petoskey, Michigan - which if you've read my books - is the setting for both of my novels AND the third one I'm currently working on.
Tom and I will be heading up there Weds. around noon. It's little over a 3 hr drive and we plan to return Friday night.
My signings are: Thursday, McLean & Eakin Bookstore from 1 - 3 p.m and Friday, Horizon Books from 1 -3 p.m.
If any of you live in the area, please stop in. After all, that is a bit far for my brothers!! :)
Also, last week a very nice article came out in the Mid-Michigan Women's Lifestyle magazine. I was very pleased with what was written for it also included my hubby, Tom, and some of the things we've done for the Lord over the years.
Then to my surprise, today I found out the same article was placed in another paper THIS WEEK called "The Buzz".
I'm not sure I can handle all this "buzz", but it's important that everyone knows this writing adventure is the Lord and Me - not just me.
He's the one who gave me the gift.
I'm just excited to be able to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment