Wednesday, June 8, 2011

MEMAW & SKYPING

Who ever invented skyping - I thank you! My name is Memaw.
At least to my four wonderful grandkids, anyway. My actually
name is Pam Bush.
I got married when I was 18, had our first child, Rhonda Kaye
at the age of 19 and our son Paul, at 20. Of course, I assumed
they'd follow in my footsteps by marrying early and providing
me with grandkids while I was still young. I had visions of competing
with Tammy Wynette. Not!!! Would you believe our two kids
waited until they were pushing 30 before getting married? By
then, one was living in KY; the other in IN; with me in Michigan.
I do have to give them credit though, they did start providing us
with grandkids quite quickly. I think Rhonda & Gretchen's
biological clocks were ticking overtime! Within five years we had
four grandkids; now ranging from 6 to 4.
That's were skyping comes in! My hubby, Tom & I love, love, love
sitting in front of our camera talking live to our grandkids! It's
such fun and helps us feel more a part of their lives with so many
miles separating us.
So those of you who are grandparents and aren't skyping yet . . .
give it a try. I promise you'll love it as much as we do!

3 comments:

  1. Yes we did!! We were busting the babies out quickly ;) I agree, Skype is a GREAT thing!! It's so neat to be able to see your faces, just makes it more real :-) Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam, you did a Meet the Author signing at the Tamarack District Library in Lakeview when you first book came out. I'm looking to put together a Local Author & Book Expo in October and wondered if you would be interested. Could you contact me at the library? lvwcl@llcoop.org
    Cheryl Lucas
    Tamarack District Library

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from facebook to say hello and follow.

    http://www.doreenmcgettigan.com

    ReplyDelete