Friday, September 9, 2011

September 11, 2001




I think one of the main things I constantly hear, is that people remember

exactly what they were doing when the news broke about the first jet


flying into the Twin Tower.



Tom and I were eating breakfast, when our daughter Rhonda called telling

us to turn on the TV. We were shocked at what we saw, and then . . . within


minutes of turning it on, we saw another jet headed for the other tower!


I can't accurately describe what we felt while watching that jet blow into


the tower and then seeing bodies and flames shooting out of the other side.



Like everyone else says - this is something I will never forget!!



Nor should we!!!



Thousands died and I still hear Tom's words stating, "While everyone is


trying to get out of those buildings, the firefighters and EMT's are trying


to go up!"


I don't know the exact number, but of the thousands who died, over 100


of them were purposely running INTO those buildings to see if they


could somehow help!



The last few days I've been doing searches on the internet. I wanted to


look at photos of those four sites and what happened - The Twin Towers,


the Pentagon, and the field in Pennsylvania.



May we all take a moment to remember the Fallen and the loved ones


left behind to pick up their lives and continue on.



At the beginning of this blog, I posted a photo. May it be a comfort to


all of us that Jesus was right there with all the people. We don't know


why He allowed it to happen, but we can take great comfort in the fact


that He is still in control and that nothing takes Him by surprise - - even

evil people who want to do us harm.

No comments:

Post a Comment